Here at Majestic we firmly believe that people perform at their absolute best when they feel valued, which is why the benefits we offer our employees go beyond the obligatory. Our benefits are designed to accommodate the diverse needs of all our employees.
The generous benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday per annum PLUS 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension fund matching up to 10% salary
- Health insurance for you and immediate family is available after two years of service
- (Business related) travel insurance
- Jury service salary top up guarantee
- Subsidised Gym Membership through Innovation Birmingham
- Shower onsite
- Car park (subject to confirmation)
- Evening social and personal development events through Innovation Birmingham
- Free Coffee and kitchen on-site
- Café onsite
- Occasional company funded outing e.g. lunches, Go-Karting and trips to the theatre to name a few.
We currently have the following vacancies:
- Senior Front End Developer
- Business Development Manager
Senior Front End Developer
Majestic.com is an industry leading online link data analysis tool, serving the global SEO and online marketing sectors. As a result of our ongoing expansion we now seek to enrich our team with a senior front end developer.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment, based in our offices at Innovation Campus, within walking distance of Birmingham City Centre. You will be encouraged to create elegant solutions for complex business problems on our highly-used, multi-language, web platform.
We need someone who can immediately lead and develop our web development framework in an agile environment, working to enhance functionality whilst making steps towards reducing current technical debt.
Technologies we use:
- Play a critical role in defining the client-side web UI architecture for our enterprise products
- Spend most of your time writing readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Lead by example – champion QA, implement Content Security Policy, and introduce TDD
- Become a vital member of our Agile team
- Work with the team to design, develop, support, and deliver software solutions for our web and mobile applications
- Write automation tests to contribute to our overall test framework
- Have the passion to revitalise our front-end JS; introduce good practice and componentisation
- Help train and mentor others as the front-end team grows in numbers and skills
- Track the latest front-end trends and emerging technologies
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject, or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience of application of client side JS frameworks
- A strong understanding of web standards, protocols, and cross-browser compatibility issues
- A willingness to listen and learn from all team members regardless of perceived experience
- Version Control (SVN/Git) as a second-nature.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, and a start-up mentality
- An ability to work well in a team, you are flexible and creative
- A toolkit of JS-based team time-savers (like Grunt and Bower) that will improve our workflows and speed-up delivery
- Great communication skills; you can justify and explain technical concepts to project stakeholders
- Mentoring and coaching skills to help us run our placement schemes with local Universities
You’ll stand out from other candidates if you also have:
- A portfolio you can send with your CV
- Experience of server side development in Node or Perl /Python / Ruby
- Experience of server side MV~ frameworks
- Experience with Sass or LESS
- Experience in Mobile / Coding for Responsive Design
- Experience of developing interactive client side applications
- Mashups – including use of XML / JSON RPC.
We can offer:
- Jeans and t-shirt work culture
- Proper Coffee
- The chance to work on a website with a history of top 1000 Alexa Traffic rank.
- Prestigious training courses and conference visits that will help you to help the company
- The opportunity to influence new, industry-leading, tools and products
- 25 days holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Money ( Anticipated Salary Range £35k to £40k p/a )
In the first instance, please email Steve Pitchford, Development Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, link to your portfolio or examples of work, and a covering letter detailing why this opportunity appeals to you.
Agencies need not apply, any CV’s sent by agents will be treated as generous gifts.
Applications will be assessed as they arrive. Last date of acceptance 9am Monday 23rd March
Business Development Manager:
Location: Faraday Wharf, Birmingham,
Salary: Reporting to the Marketing Director, this is a full time role, 5 days a week for 37.5 hours. The salary will be commensurate with experience
Education: Mostly likely educated to degree level, but at least Qualified to A-Level with at least a B grade at GCSE in Maths and English
Purpose of Job/Key objectives: Majestic.com is a specialist Search Engine, with the largest Link Intelligence database in the world, mapping how websites link to each other. You will curate relationships with our largest prospective clients, forming legal agreements and forging new business opportunities through the syndication of our API.
* To liaise with about 20 existing high value clients to Majestic to foster the relationship and help them get the most out of Majestic by providing timely information about developments and co-sponsorship opportunities.
* Develop new key account partners, by identifying high potential customers with high end web technologies and showing them the value that our data can add to their own web based technologies.
* To nurture these leads from discussion through to legally binding contracts.
In this role you will be the anchor for future Business Curators as our technology develops into wider markets.
Main functions of the role:
- To curate leads using Salesforce to develop a good understanding of companies interested in using Majestic’s data.
- To negotiate by phone, by email and often in person, to build strong relationships with developers and business influencers within these organisations.
- To handle legal aspects of the contract between Majestic and the clients.
- To engage with new prospects at Conferences – particularly Expos and to manage the stands.
- To uphold data protection regulations and the confidentiality agreements of Majestic 12 Ltd
- To be willing to contribute to other team activities in line with the role
To Apply: In the first instance, please download this job application form: job-app-busdev, regardless of whether you send through a CV. This is to allow us to assess candidates equally..