Here at Majestic we firmly believe that people perform at their absolute best when they feel valued, which is why the benefits we offer our employees go beyond the obligatory. Our benefits are designed to accommodate the diverse needs of all our employees.
The generous benefits we offer include:
- 25 days holiday per annum PLUS 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension fund matching up to 10% salary
- Health insurance for you and immediate family is available after two years of service
- (Business related) travel insurance
- Jury service salary top up guarantee
- Subsidised Gym Membership through Innovation Birmingham
- Shower on-site
- Car park (subject to confirmation)
- Evening social and personal development events through Innovation Birmingham
- Free Coffee and kitchen on-site
- Café onsite
- Occasional company funded outing e.g. lunches, Go-Karting and trips to the theatre, to name a few.
We have the following vacancies
- Social Media Manager
- Visual & UI Designer
- Business Development Manager
Social Media Manager
- Majestic.com is an industry-leading online link data analysis tool, serving global SEO and online marketing sectors.
- We are looking for an Social Media specialist to strengthen our online presence and has experience of managing accounts with a huge following as our Twitter account currently has just under 55,000 followers.
- We are also looking for a problem solver, someone who can identify our online weaknesses and come up with appropriate solutions.
- Our current Social Media Manager is leaving in September and we would like you to bring fresh ideas to how we can improve on social media.
- You will play a key role in our marketing team, based in our offices at Innovation Campus, within walking distance of Birmingham City Centre.
- We’re looking for someone with bundles of talent and enthusiasm and proven experience. Ideally, you will have a relevant degree; but we welcome any application that contains an impressive portfolio of work.
- Manage Majestic’s online profile and pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest. Develop genuine followers and encourage genuine debate on these platforms and around marketing activity.
- Managing Majestic’s 5 European Twitter accounts, we currently have Twitter accounts set up for our French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish audiences. Speaking a foreign language would be advantageous but not essential.
- Manage and recommend technologies to monitor engagement. Currently, we use the following technologies: Sendible, Salesforce/Pardot, BuzzSumo and Sprout Social.
- Maintain and actively engage with a list of appropriate online influencers.
- Be happy writing blog content and helping others to write great blog content around Internet Marketing.
- Be able to provide reports on social media channels and analyse the figures to report on external activity carried out and the impact that specific social channels has had, and why.
What can we offer?
- 25 days holiday, in addition to bank holidays.
- A salary depending on your experience, we’re more than happy to discuss this prior to any interview.
- In the first instance, please email David Kenning (firstname.lastname@example.org), our current Social Media Manager, with a link to your portfolio or examples of work, your attached CV, and a covering letter detailing why this opportunity appeals to you.
- All applicants should be eligible to work in the UK.
- Applications will be assessed as they arrive. Last date of acceptance 12th August 2016.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent. (37.5 hours per week)
Visual & UI Designer
Majestic.com is an industry-leading online link data analysis tool, serving global SEO and online marketing sectors.
We seek a talented Visual & UI Designer to help break through the design ceiling of our existing suite of websites.
You will work in a collaborative agile team environment, based in our offices at Innovation Campus, within walking distance of Birmingham City Centre. You will be encouraged to create elegant solutions for our highly-used, multi-language, web platform.
Visual & UI Designer
This is a graphics, fonts, and colours role. We have a fantastic team of developers, and we need to complement their skills with someone who can immediately raise the impact of our designs.
We’re looking for someone with bundles of talent and enthusiasm. Ideally, you will have a relevant degree; but we welcome any application that contains an impressive portfolio of work.
- Play a critical role in designing the client-side web UI for our suite of enterprise products
- Work alongside our UX Lead and Front-End Developers to create elegant and intuitive interfaces
- Design page layouts and flows, defining text sizes, colours, icons, photographs and graphics
- Be able to bring beauty to dry statistics and tables of data
- Partner with our marketing department to produce banners, ads and graphics for social media and blog posts
- Lead by example – you will champion brand style and consistency
- Become a vital member of our Agile team, working with your colleagues as they develop your designs
- Welcome and encourage feedback and ideas
- Be available to all Majestic departments that may ask for your help
- An impressive portfolio
- Commercial, or equivalent, work experience
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, and a range of other contemporary design and prototyping tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of recent design standards and trends
- An ability to work well in a team, and a willingness to listen and learn from all team members
- Patience with colleagues who may not share your love of design
- Great communication skills; you can present and sell your ideas to a mixed panel of stakeholders
You’ll stand out from other candidates if you also have
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject
- Experience in Agile methodologies, and a start-up mentality
- An understanding of web standards, capabilities, and cross-browser compatibility issues
- A gift for illustration
- A passion for microinteractions, and delighter animations
- An ability to prototype in HTML, CSS and jQuery
- A preference for nondestructive editing techniques
- Mentoring and coaching skills
We can offer
- The opportunity to influence new, industry-leading, tools and products
- Jeans and t-shirt work culture
- Proper coffee
- The chance to work on a website with a history of top 1000 Alexa Traffic rank
- Prestigious training courses and conference visits that will help you to help the company
- 25 days holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- A salary depending on your experience. We’re more than happy to discuss this prior to any interview.
In the first instance, please email Steve Fitzpatrick, UX Consultant, via email@example.com with a link to your portfolio or examples of work, your CV, and a covering letter detailing why this opportunity appeals to you.
All applicants should be eligible to work in the UK (or working towards eligibility).
Agencies need not apply; any CVs sent by agents will be treated as generous gifts.
Applications will be assessed as they arrive. Last date of acceptance 11th July 2016.