Today we are announcing the next stage in our evolution… with the launch of our very own Webmaster Tools! This should make it much easier for free (or paid) accounts to register and claim their own websites and therefore view reports on their own sites without any costs. Here’s how you find it.
- Authorise unlimited sites in your control for free and get free reports on these sites
- Free and Silver Users can register all of your sites at once by simply registering your Google® Webmaster Tools account
- Gold and higher users can register multiple Google® Webmaster Tools accounts
How to go about using Webmaster Tools
You can simply enter a domain and then get to Webmaster Tools with a free account and this will take you to our new site verification wizard. Previously, you NEEDED FTP access to verify a site, but now you can use:
- Meta Tag verification
- Text File Verification
- Or simply use Google’s ® Webmaster Tools to verify all your sites at once! (easy huh?)
The great thing about verifying with Metatags, for example, is that WordPress users can now verify their sites without FTP access… just as long as you can install plugins. Here’s the instructions for the MetaTag method for my personal site.
What was that about Google Webmaster Tools?
If you wish, both free and paid users can authenticate a Google® Webmaster Tools account. (Gold accounts and above can authenticate multiple Google Accounts.) Then we can instantly accept any sites verified by Google as also being verified by MajesticSEO. This feature requires you to abide by Google’s terms, but can make verification of multiple sites at once very easy:
What’s in it for Users?
Quite simply – once verified – you can create any Standard, Advanced or Tracking report for your site for free! Just click on the Reports icon ( ) from your control panel and get the data you need.
Advantages for Paying Customers
Over time, paying customers will enjoy more functions through using Webmaster Tools. However – right now – all accounts can verify unlimited websites, but Gold and above get to also link unlimited Google® Webmaster Tools accounts as well.
What are we giving up? Are you trying to get our passwords?
No. We do not need ANY confidential data. Google® uses an authorization system that ONLY gives us the data we need to verify your site. Not your password. Similarly, all of these authentication methods protect you. We cannot “get into your sites” or “Access your Google account” at all. The only thing that you need to concede is that we do need to be able to crawl your site to be able to get your report data for you of course. We will check this as you register and let you know if there is a reason we cannot access your site.
Latest posts by Dixon Jones (see all)
- A New Approach to Blogging. Expect a Better Standard. - February 7, 2017
- Fresh Index Doubles (Historic Index Passes new Milestone) - January 26, 2017
- Alexa top 1 Million sites is retired. Here’s the Majestic Million. - November 22, 2016