We currently have a vacancy for a new Senior Front End Developer. Interested?
Majestic.com is an industry leading online link data analysis tool, serving the global SEO and online marketing sectors. As a result of our ongoing expansion we now seek to enrich our team with a senior front end developer.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment. You will be encouraged to create elegant solutions for complex business problems on our highly-used, multi-language, web platform.
We need someone who can immediately lead and develop our web development framework in an agile environment, working to enhance functionality whilst making steps towards reducing current technical debt.
Technologies we use:
- Play a critical role in defining the client-side web UI architecture for our enterprise products
- Spend most of your time writing readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Lead by example – champion QA, implement Content Security Policy, and introduce TDD
- Become a vital member of our Agile team
- Work with the team to design, develop, support, and deliver software solutions for our web and mobile applications
- Write automation tests to contribute to our overall test framework
- Have the passion to revitalise our front-end JS; introduce good practice and componentisation
- Help train and mentor others as the front-end team grows in numbers and skills
- Track the latest front-end trends and emerging technologies
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject, or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience of application of client side JS frameworks
- A strong understanding of web standards, protocols, and cross-browser compatibility issues
- A willingness to listen and learn from all team members regardless of perceived experience
- Version Control (SVN/Git) as a second-nature.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, and a start-up mentality
- An ability to work well in a team, you are flexible and creative
- A toolkit of JS-based team time-savers (like Grunt and Bower) that will improve our workflows and speed-up delivery
- Great communication skills; you can justify and explain technical concepts to project stakeholders
- Mentoring and coaching skills to help us run our placement schemes with local Universities
You’ll stand out from other candidates if you also have:
- A portfolio you can send with your CV
- Experience of server side development in Node or Perl /Python / Ruby
- Experience of server side MV~ frameworks
- Experience with Sass or LESS
- Experience in Mobile / Coding for Responsive Design
- Experience of developing interactive client side applications
- Mashups – including use of XML / JSON RPC.
We can offer:
- Jeans and t-shirt work culture
- Proper Coffee
- A great office environment (Birmingham, UK) surrounded by technology start-ups, events and a cafe.
- The chance to work on a website with a history of top 1000 Alexa Traffic rank.
- Prestigious training courses and conference visits that will help you to help the company
- The opportunity to influence new, industry-leading, tools and products
25 days holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Money ( Anticipated Salary Range £35k to £40k p/a )
In the first instance, please send us your CV by emailing Steve via firstname.lastname@example.org, with a link to your portfolio or examples of work, and a covering letter detailing why this opportunity appeals to you.
Agencies need not apply, any CV’s sent by agents will be treated as generous gifts.
Applications will be assessed as they arrive. Last date of acceptance 9am Monday 23rd March
Steve has been engaged with the Birmingham tech scene for years, co-organising the grassroots open-source conference YAPC:: Europe 2008, and founding the West Midlands Java User Group in 2014.
Latest posts by Steve Pitchford (see all)
- Visualising local relationships with backlink data - November 5, 2019
- Discover outreach opportunities with Site Explorer Backlinks - October 24, 2019
- Introducing this weeks Showcase Site – OPM - October 21, 2019